As a remote marketing and sales talent marketplace, GrowTal understands the importance of having a robust CRM system to manage our sales pipeline effectively. HubSpot has helped GrowTal immensely, and we are enthusiastic about being a HubSpot Partner.
Before diving into Sales Management, we’d like to mention the best book ever written on the topic, “Cracking the Sales Management Code.” If you are stuck with how to manage your sales team best, we’d recommend this book. Here are the five takeaways from this revolutionary book:
- Focus on Sales Activities: The book emphasizes the importance of specific sales activities that can be managed and controlled. By concentrating on these activities, sales managers can better guide their teams toward achieving sales objectives and targets.
- Measure the Right Metrics: “Cracking the Sales Management Code” highlights the importance of measuring the right metrics aligned with your sales goals. By tracking relevant performance indicators, managers can make informed decisions and identify areas for improvement.
- Implement a Sales Process: A clear and consistent sales process is crucial to managing a successful sales team. The book suggests that a well-defined process allows your team to focus on what’s essential, improves efficiency, and increases the likelihood of closing deals.
- Coach Your Sales Team: Coaching is vital to sales team development and success. The book emphasizes the importance of providing regular feedback and support to help your team improve their skills, overcome challenges, and, ultimately, close more deals.
- Create a Sales Culture: Finally, “Cracking the Sales Management Code” encourages sales managers to create a strong sales culture. This involves setting clear expectations, celebrating achievements, and fostering an environment that promotes continuous improvement and collaboration.
By incorporating these key takeaways from “Cracking the Sales Management Code” into your sales management strategy, you can further enhance the effectiveness of your sales team. Combine these principles with the HubSpot best practices mentioned below, and your sales team will be well on its way to success.
Utilize the HubSpot Sales Hub
The HubSpot Sales Hub is a comprehensive set of tools that integrates with the CRM platform, offering a range of features to optimize your sales process. Some essential tools include email tracking, meeting scheduling, and deal and pipeline management. By leveraging these features, your sales team can spend more time selling and less on administrative tasks.
Leveraging HubSpot Meetings lets your sellers book prospects’ calls with a link. This data then flows into your CRM, allowing you to track the exact number of calls executed in a given period.
Set up Custom Deal Stages
By setting up stages that accurately represent your sales process, you can better track deals and manage your pipeline. Ensure you keep the stages focused and straightforward, with clear criteria for moving deals from one stage to the next. This will make it easier for your sales team to understand their responsibilities and work towards closing deals.
Implement Lead Scoring
HubSpot’s lead scoring feature allows you to assign values to leads based on their behavior, engagement, and demographic information. By implementing lead scoring, your sales team can prioritize leads more effectively, focusing their efforts on those most likely to convert. This will result in a more efficient sales process and higher conversion rates.
Use HubSpot’s Sales Automation Features
Automation can be a game-changer for sales teams, reducing the time spent on manual tasks and improving efficiency. HubSpot offers various sales automation features, including automated email sequences, workflows, and task reminders. Utilize these tools to automate repetitive tasks and ensure that your sales team focuses on building relationships and closing deals.
Monitor Sales Activity with HubSpot Dashboards
HubSpot’s customizable dashboards provide real-time insights into your sales team’s performance, allowing you to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions. Monitor metrics such as deals closed, call and email activity, and deal forecasts to understand your team’s strengths and weaknesses better. Encourage your sales team to review their dashboards regularly and set individual targets to improve performance.
Provide Ongoing Training and Support
To maximize the benefits of HubSpot, it’s essential to provide your sales team with ongoing training and support. Encourage your team to explore HubSpot’s resources, including tutorials, webinars, and certification programs. Investing in your team’s development will ensure that they are well-equipped to use the platform effectively and drive sales success.
HubSpot Academy is an incredible resource for training Account Executives and Sales Managers with complete video courses.
Sales Management is both an art and a science. You can move the needle for your business by mastering HubSpot CRM via HubSpot Academy and reading “Cracking the Sales Management Code.” With these two resources, you will undoubtedly level up your company’s sales management execution.