Welcome to Pinpoint, a weekly digest for marketers and leaders. In every issue you’ll find timely industry news, perspectives from experts, actionable marketing strategies, and links to other resources that can help you grow your business.
In this week’s issue:
- Why your brand needs a newsletter
- Is the BeReal app here to stay?
- Books worth reading: the copywriting edition
Strategy of the Week
Is a weekly newsletter part of your email marketing strategy? If you’re only sending occasional promotional emails to your customers, you’re missing out on a chance to connect with them on a deeper level.
As organic social reach continues to decline, you need a way to reach your customers and target customers directly. A weekly email newsletter can be the perfect way to do it.
The power and potential of email is clear: email ROI has climbed from $48 to $55 for every $1 spent in recent years.
There are different goals to consider when creating a newsletter. You might create a newsletter with the goal of:
- Raising awareness about your products and brand
- Engaging with and educating existing customers
- Reaching and nurturing prospective customers
- Directing people to resources on your website
- Announcing new products, features, or partnerships
To help you embark on the journey to create your own newsletter, we have 3 helpful links for you to read:
- How to Create a Newsletter That Grows Your Business from Shopify
- 7 Easy Steps To Master the Art of Newsletter Signup from Bigcommerce
- 6 Proven E-Commerce Newsletter Ideas to Inspire Your Own from Drip
Links We Love
Each week we ask our team to help us curate five newsworthy articles or events that you might have missed. This week’s top picks:
- Consumers will soon be able to purchase products fulfilled by Walmart directly from Roku
- Twitter introduces new Product Drops feature for retailers
- More teens are turning to BeReal instead of Instagram
- LinkedIn publishes a new guide on how to make the best use of Lead Gen Form ads
- TikTok shares new data on how TikTok clips drive consumer action
|Image Source: TikTok
Books Worth Reading
Every few weeks we re-introduce a section of the newsletter that offers book recommendations around a particular topic we know you’ve been thinking about.
The topic this week is copywriting. You can have the best products and services in the world, but if you don’t know how to communicate value in ways that resonate with your target audience, your business is in trouble. Here are a few book recommendations that can help:
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
Until Next Time
As always, let us leave you with a quote from one of the greats:
“Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.”
— Sara Blakely
Share with a Friend
|Enjoy the content in this edition of the newsletter? Please forward it to some friends!